Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar

The use of apple cider vinegar dates back to 4000bc as a food and medicine. 

Apple cider vinegar is a result of fermenting apple cider (which has already been fermented from apple juice). It retains all the health properties of an apple plus some gained through the fermentation process.  

About 7 years ago I came across Aztec Indian Healing Clay (bentonite clay from death valley that sundried for up to 6 months) as a natural way to detoxify my skin. Yes, it works! Point of the story.....it is to be mixed with apple cider vinegar. I use the clay a few times and realize that is way too much work (mixing, prepping, cleaning up!!!). I am left with a bottle of apple cider vinegar that sits in my bathroom closet for about 3 years. 

During an awesome flair up of my hormones, which typically results in some monster zits on my face, I thought to myself......"if the healing clay works so well with the apple cider vinegar, would it work alone". Desperate for anything natural to relive me of my symptoms, I wash my face with my beloved black soap and apply some apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball. 

Within a few days I noticed a major improvement in my skin. Within a week, I could use just the toner and put nothing else on my face to treat my skin. There was no way that I accidentally found this natural remedy that had been sitting in my closet, but it was true.  I have been using it for over a year, every day, twice a day. 

Apple Cider VinegarI started researching other benefits of apple cider vinegar to include:
1. soothing sunburns and insect bites
2. hair spritz for shine and treatment of dandruff
3. weight loss (it comes in pill form cause this stuff does not taste good!)
4. natural tonic for humans and animals 
5. cleaner, disinfectant (I have used it to clean my windows and counter tops, just add water in a spray bottle to dilute)

Choosing the right apple cider vinegar makes a big difference. You want cold pressed, organically grown whole apples. I use Certified Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (yes very long name, but pretty awesome stuff). 


Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar can also be purchased at your local grocery store or my favorite place to shop Lucky Vitamin


0 comments: